Birmingham - July 2018
Our work experience programme will run from 9 – 13 July 2018 (inclusive).
Please note that we have a very limited number of spaces available and we are only able to accommodate successful candidates on the above dates.
About the programme
Encouraging young people to consider architecture as a fulfilling, exciting and achievable career is something we take seriously at GHA, which is why we run a “workshop” style work experience week for students, aged between 15 – 18 years old (those in school years 10 to 12 on application).
Designed to ensure that participants gain as much practical experience and knowledge of the industry as possible, the one week programme involves:
- Working alongside a member of the GHA Birmingham Design Team and learning first-hand about an Architect’s role
- Working in a team to develop ideas for a Birmingham-based design project
- Presenting your ideas to the GHA team
- Working in our Model Making department
- Being tutored in subjects such as freehand sketching and ergonomics
- Participating in a walking tour of Birmingham City Centre, passing by completed GHA projects
Please be advised that work experience is unpaid and we are unable to offer expenses, however lunch will be provided.
If you would like any more information in relation to GHA’s work experience programme, or are interested in applying, please forward a short covering letter detailing your interest in architecture and why you would like to undertake your work experience at GHA, along with some scanned copies/photographs of your hand drawings to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email ‘Work Experience 2018’.
Due to the number of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide feedback if your application is unsuccessful.